The Jhalana Sanctuary in Jaipur is known for leopard populations and many other fauna species. This forest was previously the hunting ground of the Maharajas of Rajasthan. Leopard sightings abound in this sanctuary, along with other animals such as the common langurs, desert foxes and many more. The park offers sunrise and sunset and one of the most stunning views of the Aravalli mountain range. The leopard population is well protected, resulting in a significant increase of leopards in the park.
Jhalana is spread around the city in a radius of 20 km and the tourist area has a healthy population of more than 20 leopards. Leopards are the top predator here and live like tigers and therefore have good eyesight. 10 open gypsies run in two shifts in the park, one in the morning and the other in the evening.
* Leopard safari amidst the natural habitat of the Leopards of Jhlana.
* Company of a knowledgeable naturalist during the safari.
* Safari in the sanctuary on a powerful 4×4 vehicle.
* A Shikaar Audhi to present the mesmerizing views of sunrise and sunset and also the Aravallis.
* All the guests are required to report at the entry gate of Jhalana Sanctuary at their selected time at 6:00 am or 4:00 pm (select time while booking).
* The host for the safari will greet the guests and the tour starts after a quick briefing session and safety instructions.
* Onboard the 4×4 jeep to start the wildlife safari along with the naturalist to explain the local information and help you in wildlife spotting.
* During the safari, you may witness leopard in its natural habitat. That may be on a tree or on a jungle trail or a near a water source, Leopards are masters in making themselves almost invisible in their surroundings.
* If the option of Shikaar Audhi (available as an add-on) is selected while booking, one can see the mesmerizing sunrise and sunsets in the majestic Aravallis from this two-storeyed animal spotting platform in the park.
* The guest will be dropped back at the entry gate of the Jhalana Sanctuary by estimated 2.5 hours from the start time.